HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Scrap for Help - April Challenge.


 Hello and welcome to April! 
I want to share a page I scrapped for the April challenge over at the Scrap For Help Blog 
Here's this months challenge.

.........................
"Book pages!!!!  What a fun recycled material to use on a project, So many uses.

A fun one for sure!!!
You can use any kind of recycled book pages for this challenge.

You can use old dictionaries, maps, atlas' Old books of any kind, ....Just think outside the box and create a page using this material.

You can include it on your work as is, or think of a clever way to incorporate it some how-

You might want to stamp on it.
Paper piece it
Punch it
emboss it
Paint on it
fold it
I could go on and on!!!!

You are only limited by your creative imagination!!!!"
........................

This is the page I created.


I used book pages in three different ways.
Firstly I used an image transfer technique on the background.
Which was quite fun as I'd never tried it before so it was all trial and error.
Yes I knew the text would all come out back to front lol, but I was more interested in trying out the 
technique. 
I also used book pages to matt my photo on aswell.

And the third way was to make these flowers I cut using a die and the bigshot.
Then sprayed them with ink.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can pop over to the Scrap for help blog to check out the other DT examples for a whole load of inspiring projects. 
Cheers,
Leonie.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing, Leonie. I really love your book paper technique on the background...and those flowers look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic background!! Stunning LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clever ways to use book papers, I love your back ground, and love the flowers...great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant take on the challenge! Love your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout Leonie. I love the book paper transfer technique in the background and those amazing colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love this. May be one of my faves I think. Love that photo and the colours blend perfectly with your AMAZING background work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I love that Flair peeking out from beneath the flowers - I'm going crazy for those things - is it from TGV?

    ReplyDelete